April 29, 2022:
Most likely I will start with a TT-02 and the Donkey Car. I know the TT-02 chassis well now and the Donkey Car seems to have good online support. I am still undecided about using ROS vs Python.
There are several different Autonomous RC Car Racing programs;
- Autonomous Racing Leagues/Competitions
- NXP Cup
- MXcarkit Autonomous Driving Challenge
- NVIDIA’s DIY Autonomous Car Race
So far the most interesting build that I have found is the NVIDIA Jetracer the build uses;
- NVIDIA Jetson Nano (or Raspberry Pi ?)
- Leopard Imaging Camera
- Plus chassis (thinking TT02), Brushless Motor, Batteries, etc.
- I have many questions, including adding GPS? Automated point-by-point driving?
I am also interested in learning about;